It's nine in the evening where I am right now and I'm struggling to keep myself awake and get my body clock up to speed (this got posted way later though thanks to the sluggish hotel internet - yet another thing I'm struggling with).
|Home for the next two weeks|
- So I'm on a short business trip to Germany. Still very miffed about missing our family vacation but I'm trying to make the best of it (also I'm trying not to cry so I don't dwell on it too much).
- I flew with Lufthansa, the parent company of German Wings. Before the plane took off the captain announced that they implemented the two-person policy in the cockpit, and when we landed, they thanked us "for your confidence in us". Read: We are not suicidal, see?. On the one hand I feel bad that they even have to say this at all, but on the other hand what happened to that plane was scary shit. How cute are the snacks, though?
|Pretzel clouds and Plane cookies|
- During the first twenty minutes of a twelve-hour flight I spilled Coke all over myself. Fun. Thank goodness I brought extra socks.
- I watched football on the plane, because it's how I deal with my fear of flying now. I also saw Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which I surprisingly liked. I also tried watching Gravity, but I found it so hard to focus on anything but Matthew McConaughey's skin. The dude is ORANGE.
|The hotel's breakfast spread. Two weeks of this, guys. I'm praying my trousers still fit by the end of it all.|
- First things out of the suitcase: skincare ^^
- Easter Monday is still a holiday in these parts, so I'm off to Frankfurt later and hopefully there is at least one shop open.
- Last but not least, my Kindle broke *sniff*. I'm still hoping there's still a firmware patch that would fix it, but it has been four years and Blackie Leithold has served me well. Say hello to Schatzi.